Promoting Health & Wellness in the Community
Tri-City Medical Center serves Oceanside, Vista and Carlsbad with a 397 full-service acute care hospital as well as the Tri-City Wellness Center in Carlsbad and various other community programs. The medical center sought to proactively communicate its excellent patient outcomes, quality medical programs and community involvement in order to build its brand awareness and promote the health and wellbeing of its region’s residents.
WOC worked hand-in-hand with the medical center’s team to develop story ideas and keep regional media up to date on programs, patient stories and new developments being advanced by the medical center. The agency leveraged its existing media relationships and built new connections to position Tri-City Medical Center as a go-to resource for state-of-the-art, timely and accurate health and medical information. Through 18 press releases and many more targeted pitches, the resulting media coverage helped showcase TCMC as a healthcare leader in North County and a “good neighbor” in its community.
- 144 media placement including 11 TV segments, 39 print articles, 90 online articles and 4 podcasts
- U-T San Diego Health section ran 22 informative health features on topics from flu to kidney disease featuring the medical center’s experts
- Several local TV news programs featured the hospital’s new Accessible Icon which replaced all of the out-dated handicap accessibility icons
- Feature articles and TV interviews profiled a patient who survived the flesh-eating bacteria as well as members of the hospital’s Lucky 13 who overcame health obstacles like organ failure, breast cancer and heart attacks to run or walk their first half marathon
- A social media campaign, infographic and podcast helped families learn how to avoid SIDS, the leading cause of infant death