EVS, a game changer in warehouse management and supply chain technology, decided to adapt its business model to take advantage of new market opportunities and engaged (W)right On Communications to plan an award-winning B2B product launch. Originally a private label developer for global enterprise software and ERP providers for 16 years, EVS sought to utilize its industry expertise to launch a new breed of software, which they called mobe3™, that would disrupt the supply chain industry, particularly as it used iOS software and devices. This bold transition required EVS to develop more than just a best-in-class cloud-based software: it had to create a name for itself as well as a powerful brand across the industry for its product.
Understanding that EVS would now be competing with the same long-established and deep-pocketed enterprise software juggernauts that were formerly its customers, (W)right On Communications got creative to differentiate EVS from its competitors, break through the noise and capture the market’s attention.
(W)right On Communications developed and deployed an integrated strategic communications program with a strategy centered on a new narrative around supply chain software, establishing thought leadership in the market and cultivating credibility and trust amongst its target customers. Within the Earned Media segment, the campaign focused on proactive media outreach to targeted trade outlets, tech and business media, and analysts. The campaign’s Owned Media efforts emphasized visual storytelling through branded content creation including video, email campaigns to engage customers of its legacy product and inbound marketing to capture and nurture new business leads. Earned Media results and Owned Media assets were utilized on the company’s Shared Media platforms while Paid Media such as digital marketing campaigns supported all these efforts.
The Results: An Award-Winning B2B Product Launch
(W)right On Communications’ award-winning B2B product launch earned a national Silver Bulldog Award for Best B2B Product Launch, put the EVS mobe3 warehouse management software on the map, successfully helped EVS grow and produced the following outcomes during the campaign’s first year:
- Media coverage goals were exceeded with 34 pieces of Earned coverage in the product’s first seven months on the market, including:
- The cover and a multi-page feature article in the industry’s preeminent trade media outlet
- A monthly recurring thought leadership column on CIO.com
- Press coverage showcasing EVS customers as well
- 1,120 social shares of EVS’s media coverage on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook
- Media coverage drove website referral traffic up by more than 600%
- Secured analyst briefings and established vendor relationships with Gartner and IDC
- Won numerous influential awards and accolades including the coveted:
- Cloud Computing Security Excellence Award
- Top Pros to Know
- Top Software Technology Providers lists
- Within the product’s first year, the agency team also earned EVS a Wall Street Journal article.