Located in the Borrego Springs desert, La Casa del Zorro Resort and Spa is an historic seasonal resort approximately two hours from downtown San Diego. While the hotel, with 44 poolside guest rooms and 19 private casitas, does well on weekends, it struggles with mid-week business and sought an innovative marketing solution that would help increase Sunday through Thursday visits.
(W)right On Communications created a midweek Spa package, which provided a natural springboard for creating a midweek campaign. WOC identified NBC San Diego as a strategic partner with an ideal target audience for the resort and worked with the station on a multi-layer campaign that included digital marketing, advertising and a promotional contest. We developed an online retargeting campaign and a paid Facebook campaign to boost the mid-week spa message among key target audiences, and did a traditional PR effort that included pitches to media with an interest in travel and wellness.
After four months, year over year increases in website traffic included:
- 63% increase in site visitors
- 133% increase in visits to its Spa page
- 160% increase in visits to its Promotions page
- 90% increase in visits to its Meetings page
The midweek Spa package was not booked frequently as it started at $423. However, spa business doubled at the resort during the campaign and spa revenue outpaced occupancy increases.
Hosted media site visits and media coverage featuring the spa continued throughout the campaign, including:
- “The Best Destination Spas in Town” in Modern Luxury San Diego
- “Desert Jewel: La Casa del Zorro Shines Anew” in East County Magazine
- “Starry nights, adventurous days in Borrego” in The Desert Sun
- “Borrego Springs in the Springtime” in the San Francisco Holistic Travel Examiner
- “America’s Best Hotels for Stargazing” in HuffingtonPost.com
- “Babymoon in Borrego Springs” in North Park News
- “Restoring Your Soul in the New Year” in Awareness Magazine