(W)right On Communications uses multimedia as an increasingly effective medium to tell client-partner stories, showcase thought leadership, convey client success in support of new business generation, engage audiences on social platforms and support just about all facets of communications. As such, the Multimedia Producer is a digital native and has a fascination for how multimedia is consumed; anticipates and masters emerging content trends and understand the appropriate multimedia tool for a given objective.
(W)right On Communications’ Multimedia Producer is a passionate and creative individual who continually advances the agency’s multimedia capabilities. More than an excellent photographer or videographer, the Multimedia Producer manages all facets of pre-production, production, and post-production for various multimedia projects, (video, animation, photography, etc.) for any/all client partners and for the agency itself.
The position requires a good eye for exceptional creative content and a strong drive to be continually informed about trends and new technologies; project management, problem-solving, and communication skills; and easy integration with agency team members and client partners.
- Develop multimedia content ideas to support agency and client-partner communications goals based on an understanding of target audiences and their multimedia consumption behaviors to successfully drive influence, behavior change or other sought-after action
- To manifest the outcome vision, manage all stages of digital media production from concept inception development across many genres/styles, to script/treatment creation, pre-production, production, and post-production, and work with internal team members on budgets, from bidding process and generation of estimates, through final project management
- Develop and produce content ranging in size and scope from high-end full storytelling production to low-budget, social media content with a short timeline
- Work with account leads to develop and manage scopes of work and budgets varying in size from small one-off projects to small- to mid-size projects that are part of large integrated campaigns with minimal support and oversight from agency leadership team
- Network with and source potential agency client-partners (for broader PR and marketing needs and/or multimedia)
- Successfully pitch ideas to client-partner or agency leadership team for approval to proceed
- Plan multimedia shoots including sourcing talent as-needed; scout, select and reserve locations; coordinate equipment, make transportation arrangements and ensure all production needs are met
- Conceive, develop and create multi productions that showcase and promote the agency’s various communication capabilities (e.g. Vlog series, promotional photography, etc.)
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in digital, video, photography and animation and actively advance skillset through training and other professional development
- Teach/mentor junior creative staff about multimedia production
- Manage and deliver multiple projects on fast-paced timelines
- Contribute to the agency well-being as capable and available beyond multimedia responsibilities
- Manage vendor relationships including contract negotiations.
- Manage ad hoc special projects as needed
- Assist with other areas of the agency outside of multimedia where capabilities and needs may exist
- Bachelor of Arts and/or Science in fine arts or other relevant areas of study
- 4+ years of relevant and demonstrable studio and in-field experience
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects at a time, while meeting deadlines and following strict budgets all while remaining calm under pressure
- Proven ability to be flexible and adaptive to make quick, quality decisions in fast-paced environment
- Must be a proactive self-starter who excels at facilitating and navigating multimedia preparation/production and post-production processes
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with creative, strategy and accounts teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Effective working both independently and as a team member; demonstrates autonomy over assigned work while working towards goals shared by the team.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A quick learning, curious, problem solver with a passion for bringing digital, social media and other projects to our clients.
- Seeks out and is receptive to feedback. Learns from and applies feedback by making suggested improvements and adjustments in work performance.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to be client partner facing with calm and professional presence.
- Creative and/or interactive agency experience is strongly preferred.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Demonstrably strong hardware skills including latest video and still camera operations in various formats as well as grip/lighting technology and use
- Multi-camera production experience
- Strong professional video editing software skills (e.g. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects for color correction, motion graphics, and visual effects, etc.)
- Studio and in-field audio recording and sound production editing skills including small format mixers, EQ, effects processors, multitrack and waveform editing
- Other technical experience to keep current with changing technology
How to apply
This is a dynamic and challenging position in a fast-paced environment with tremendous career potential for the right candidate. Self-driven initiative, multi-tasking abilities, attention to detail, an energetic positive attitude and proven writing skills are a must. If you are motivated by results, service-oriented and want to make yourself an indispensable addition to a rock-solid senior team, let us know!
Email a compelling cover letter, résumé, compensation requirements and supporting material you feel will make you stand out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us how you would contribute to ensuring client partners keep singing our praises! No phone calls, please.